......::::: Résumé :::::.....
Share My Resume
Visual Communication Resume for
Web Designer/Multimedia Developer/Visual Communicator
For more information please visit: www.StudioRyu.com
Senior Web Developer (Temporary/Contract)
06/18/2018 - 8/18/2018
• Helped to designed, build, and maintain large-scale web applications, using a diverse set of languages, frameworks, software platforms such as HTML5 / CSS3 / LESS, JS / JQuery / Angular and React. Analyzed user needs to determine technical requirements. Confered with management and development teams to prioritize needs, resolve conflicts, develop content criteria, or choose solutions. • Evaluated code to ensure that it is valid, performant, well structured, and is compatible with specific browsers, devices, or operating systems. Identified and correct problems uncovered by testing or customer feedback. teams to prioritize needs, resolve conflicts, develop content criteria, or choose solutions.
User Interface Developer (Full-Time)
10/24/2016 - 5/25/2018
• Collaborated with developers, business analysts, product managers, clients and end users to build proof-of-concept prototypes for highly innovative, user friendly, best-in-class visual interfaces and artifacts. Solved complex problems in a fast paced, iterative, and multi-release environment using front-end development technologies such as Angular and Axure RP.
• Worked closely with the business, various Information Technology teams and the Software Development team to continually drive innovation for new product launches as well as sustaining, improvement and maintenance work.
• Collaborated and assisted with user studies and usability testing with existing users and prospective customer base to include testing of prototypes and existing systems, and make recommendations based on an understanding of the end-user's perspective of a given design.
• Worked closely with development teams to build a re-usable design infrastructure (technical and visual components) that can be leveraged across organization.
• Worked in partnership with the Marketing & Communications department to Create/Implement/Update style-guides. Create processes for UI Design for re-use across teams within the company.
UX Developer (Temporary/Contract)
Securian Financial Group
10/22/2015 - 09/02/2016
• Develop enterprise UX components for a common look and feel across Securian websites
• Primary responsibility is to translate UX flat designs into functional prototypes and updating the site that hosts the functional prototypes.
• My contributions to their internal Application Development team lead to, '15,000hrs under original estimate, a savings of 30% due to [greater] design efficiency and [better] developer efficiency (development of reusable components)'
Front-End Developer (Temporary/Contract)
06/16/2015 - 10/01/2015
• Developed for mobile and tablet device using modular CSS/SASS mixins functions, as well as adjusting layout to to update and and adhere to current UX standards for multiple online product platforms.
• Responsible for working with designers, information architects and a team of developers to define HTML markup and create CSS stylesheets for complex, information-rich web and mobile applications.
• Following coding standards already in place while implementing up-to-date on technology to help improve the code base, as well as current accessibility standards.
Front-End UI Designer/Developer (Temporary/Contract)
The BARBRI Group
09/15/2014 - 02/01/2015
• I assisted as part of their UI Development team, due to my combination of creative and programming expertise in the development of web application user interfaces for an online testing firm that facilitates the Bar Exam for graduate students of law.
• I collaborated with team members on functionality, design and implementation processes. I also worked cross-functionally with other teams such as QA, product management and field engineers as needed.
Front-End UI Designer/Developer (Temporary/Contract)
General Mills Inc
04/2014 - 06/2014
• Principle designer of a new intranet siteâ€™s UI/UX for company initiative to streamline product information to online vendors such as Walmart, Amazon, and Target for their principle brands. I created graphical wireframes for site architecture development and presentation. In addition, I worked closely with General Mills Gobal Business Systems (GBS) IT team to ensure corporate brand integrity (look and feel), as well as facilitating the smooth integration of my HTML/CSS, AngularJS, & Bootstrap markup converged into the teamâ€™s .NET framework for the site.
• My traditional design skills were also employed to create a custom animated logo for this internal online resource.
UI/UX Designer/Developer (Full-Time)
03/2014 - Present
• I am a full-time front-end UI/UX Designer/Developer for their clients such as Cigna and General Mills, creating online marketing collaterals, interactive online applications, and responsive web sites. I enjoy lending my visual communication background and experience as a key resource or liaison between client-facing front-end BAs and designers, and hardcore back-end server-side developers in both open-source and proprietary platforms and IDE's such as .ASP.Net MVC framework.
Front-End UI Developer (Temporary/Contract)
02/2014 - 03/2014
• Worked in collaboration with company's IS Department and senior UI Developer in the desktop -to-mobile responsive implementation of its B2B eCommerce portal using HTML5, CSS3, within a C#/.Razor ASP.Net MVC framework using Visual Studio Pro; Agile project management environment.
Front-End UI Developer (Temporary/Contract)
10/2013 - 01/2014
• Developed responsive company-branded landing pages from strict design parameters and guidelines that optimized [Google] SEO, and were platforms for successful click-through conversions.
eLearning Developer (Temporary/Contract)
MNDHS - MNChoices Project St. Paul, MN
04/2013 - 06/2013
Visual Communicator (Full-Time)
Cigna - Web IT Dept.
05/2011 - 02/2013
• Translated visual designs into complete, multi-layer HTML5 pages while adhering to design specifications, pattern/module libraries, newly launched brand-compliant specifications.
• Collaborated with back-end developers to ensure the integrity of the UI/UX is maintained throughout the development life-cycle.
• Ensured cross-browser compatibility, and resolved presentation and DOM-manipulation issues.
• Created on-demand graphics, and icons to assist in UI/UX design and development
New Media Designer/Developer (Full-Time)
07/2008 - 07/2010
• Built and maintained dynamic web sites with custom-built CMS administrative SSL-secured back-ends. Some with ecommerce capabilities for multi-level marketing company that produces in-house all-natural liquid health & wellness products
• Integrated and maintained social networking media channels such as Facebook and Twitter; facilitated integration and distribution with company's online brands
• Enjoyed working in a flexible environment by facilitating pre-press, new-media, social-media, and eMarketing objectives
Web Design Community Education Instructor (Temporary/Contract)
Minneapolis South High School
01/2008 - 03/2008
• Facilitated the development of a small web site using the basics of HTML and CSS
• Created lesson plan for beginning web design class for adults in Minneapolis Community Education Program
Web Site Designer/Administrator (Full-Time)
07/2006 - 05/2007
• Developed web sites using existing client motifs to fit proprietary eCommerce engine (checkout/shopping cart) using semantic/accessible XHTML and CSS
Flash Developer/Animator (Temporary/Contract)
Plato Learning c/o DigitalPeople
03/2007 - 05/2006
• Animated and programmed interactive slid shows, and CD-ROM presentations introducing new client products, and brands using Macromedia [now] Adobe Flash
• Developed cross-OS-platform (PC/MAC) CD-ROM presentations introducing new client products, and brands using Macromedia [now] Adobe Flash
Web Designer/Developer (Full-Time)
02/2002 - 10/2004
• Principal graphic designer for online dating service web site with over 200,000 member database
• Responsible for over-all UI/UX of web site and its assets utilizing CRM (Customer Relationship Management) principles and techniques to UX and customer service
• Developed, animated and programmed various amenities, such as multi-user games and other interactive assets using Macromedia [now] Adobe Flash
Flash Developer/Animator-Contractor (Temporary/Contract)
07/2001 - 09/2001
• Macromedia [now] Adobe Flash programmer of interactive educational games
• Animated and programmed various educational assets using Macromedia [now] Adobe Flash
Shockwave Programmer (Full-Time)
05/2000 - 11/2000
• Animated and developed educational interfaces using Macromedia [now] Adobe Flash and Director
• Programmed educational games for K - 6th grade target audience using Director/Lingo, Flash, for delivery via Shockwave technologies
Web/Multi-Media Developer (Full-Time)
Private Networks - Tempe, AZ
05/1998 - 01/2000
• HTML and [then] Macromedia Director Lingo developer
• Implemented and developed interactive learning applications, using Director Lingo, Flash, for delivery via Shockwave technologies
Graphic Designer/Developer (Temporary/Contract)
01/1999 - 01/1999
• Freelance technical and design advisor
• Designed, and programmed various attract loops using Macromedia [now] Director and Flash technologies
• Designed, developed, and animated visual motifs for various high-end clients such as Elizabeth Arden, NY
Instructor of Web-based Applications (Full-Time)
Minnesota School of Business
01/1999 - 01/2000
• Instructed post-secondary web-design classes for adults
• Created and facilitated lesson plans that taught Flash, Director, and Multimedia development
Computer Illustrator/Graphic Designer (Full-Time)
Jostens/Promedia - Recognition Division
07/1995 - 05/1998
• Created and first implemented Josten's digital photo-realistic presentation process for jewelry designs, and concepts using Macromedia Freehand, and Adobe Photoshop
• Website Image Technician for company's Intranet
• Illustrator of jewelry and ring designs for sales shows and presentations
• Facilitated visual and design assets in collaboration with internal design team
• Initiated Photoshop training and tutorials for elder members of division team
• Created innovative custom design concepts emulating the internally famous
A.A. in eCommerce
Brown College - Mendota Heights, MN
Fields of Study: • eCommerce Marketing • Web Server Design • Visual Basic • C • Java
B.A. in Visual Communication
Al Collins Graphic Design School - Tempe, AZ
Fields of Study: • Web Design • Multimedia Design and Development • Animation and Motion Graphics • Flash and Director Programming • 3-Dimensional (Package) Design
A.A. in Advertising Design
Brown Institute - Minneapolis, MN
Fields of Study: • 2-Dimensional Design and Layout • Pre-press Production • Digital Illustration • Typography
Diploma/Certification in User Experience (UX) [Pending]
Fields of Study: • Courses on applying psychology to design • User Experience Fundamentals • Designing so People Take Action & Intuitive Design • Lean UX • User Testing
Share My Resume